Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yippee-I-O-Ki-Yay!! Holiday Baking

Well it's that time of year!! Well at least here anyway. Even though it's nice and warm out, it's time to start holiday baking. So, I'm starting out with these Cowboy Cookies, (with some variations). First let me tell you, if you make this recipe it's a thick thick batter. As you can see from the picture I snapped, (oh and ya, I made a mess all over the mixer making these big bad boys). This is a double batch and it barely, I mean 'just barely' fit in the bowl.


Instead of just chocolate chips, I used those and white chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. I also added the pecans and almond slivers. Fresh out of the oven, they smell delicious. I can't wait to try one, I keep telling the kids to wait, but I'm not even sure I'm going to wait, lol.


Okay, here's the finished cookies. They are some hearty cookies, I can see why they're called Cowboy cookies.


A double batch made a nice big amount. Some aren't in the picture. Okay, I must confess, I ate a couple..okay, okay, 4. There goes my weight loss since I had Gus.


They do look good though, don't they? Here, try one, it's hard to stop at just one though! I'll post all my revisions in the recipe later.


2 comments:

Gina said...

Jodi,

This is AWESOME! When do you have time to do this??!! I will definitely pass this on...fantastic job! Keep it up! I'll be checking in often!

Gina

Jodi said...

Hi Gina, Happy to see you here!! I'm glad you like it. I love to bake (time permitting, lol), so I may as well blog what I know, 'it helps me get thru the day':)