Monday, November 8, 2010

Cookies for the Navy

  Well, I was to make cookies for my daughter's basketball team, but those are on the back burner for the minute. We were asked to make cookies for one of our local school graduates who is being deployed for 3 months on a submarine with the U.S. Navy. They will be gone thru Thanksgiving and Christmas, and I'm sure they'll be missing their families and vise versa. So his mom is trying to help out by having  people put together 'goodie' boxes for them all to enjoy and share while they are gone. There are 70 sailors on board for those 90 days. The catch was that they have to be done by this Thursday, so they can be mailed off and reach the submarine in time before it leaves.
  I'll be posting pictures of the cookies for them when they're finished and I'm sure if anyone out there would like to help with any 'goodies' for the sailors please feel free to comment or email me and I'll be happy to get you the mailing address that they have to be sent to. It's very short notice, I know, but well worth it!

0 comments: