Friday, January 28, 2011

Baking Day 1

After the flour incident other day, I remade new dough this morning, and started baking today! Below is how I roll my dough. I'd bet you never thought duct tape could be used in cookie making. I lay my paint sticks down, oh and they were never used for paint, only cookie making.
I use them as my guide for rolling the dough. I use duct tape to hold them in place, so they don't shift or move on my counter top. I then lay a piece of parchment paper on top of the sticks. *see below*
----------------------------------
Next, I put my dough on top of the paper and lay another piece of parchment paper on top of the dough.
---------------------------------------------
I place my rolling pin on top of the paper and roll out the dough.

--------------------------------------
I pull the top piece of paper off and cut out my shapes. Ahh You see the shape and you think you know what design the final cookies will be, don't you? Well, don't be so quick to guess:)
--------------------------------------
 Finally, the baking has begun!
I have more to bake, but six batches of dough are made, rolled, cut, baked, cooled and put up in containers, ready to ice and decorate.

---------------------------------------
This is only some of the cookies that I made today, I couldn't get them all in the picture. Tomorrow I get to do it all again, but with chocolate too.











0 comments: